The Whitford Family Business started in Five Dock in Sydney in 1922, by first generation Frances (1) and George (1) in a small grocery shop attached to their residence. This was the start that they had dreamed about, to have their sons George (2) and Jim to be able to work with them in the Shop after School and then continue in the Business.
After just a few years in 1926 and much enthusiasm, personal service and hard work, serving their local Community they built a large Corner Store with a Butcher shop and residences attached. In these early days groceries, fruit and vegetables and a range of haberdashery, as well as a milk bar and lolly counter which attracted the children on their way home from School. George (2) and Jimmy and their wives, Daphne (nee Cromie) and Silvia (nee Lindsell) worked in the Store with other family, cousins , aunts & uncles (approx 14 family members working together).
Over the years, its transformation took place during the 1950s, turning it into a go-to destination for Sydney households in need of reliable appliances. Whitfords has established itself as a symbol of excellence and dependability in the realm of appliances, along with its authentic and amicable customer service.
Fast forward a hundred years, and Whitfords remains at the forefront of Sydney’s home appliance retailers, celebrated for its commitment to trustworthiness, superior quality, and steadfast reliability.