National Product Review (NPR) is owned and operated by Narta. This service is aimed at providing consumers with information to help them make purchasing decisions easier.
NPR is an advertising vehicle sponsored and paid for by retailers, distributors and manufacturers of the products you find in electrical appliance stores (which may include department stores) near you.
NPR produces television commercials, campaigns, and flyers that tell consumers about the features and benefits of products – in a clear and easy to understand style.
To find out more about Narta, please visit www.narta.com.au
You/Your refers to our consumers, reviewers and users of the NPR website.
We/Us/Our refers to Narta International Pty Ltd (Narta) t/as National Product Review (NPR).
NPR is a service provided for the following purposes:
- Informing consumers about features and benefits of products by sharing information;
- Enabling consumers to provide information to NPR about products; and
- Providing information about products and services of third party retailers, distributors and manufacturers.
By accessing and/or using the website, you accept these terms and agree to be bound by them. We reserve the right to amend these terms at any time or delete any features of the website at any time without notice. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Your continued use of the website after this time constitutes an agreement by you to abide by and be bound by these Terms.
Tampering with the Site, misrepresenting your identity or conducting fraudulent activities are prohibited.
Website Information and Content
- Photographs are for illustrative purposes only and may vary from products depicted or described.
- Pictures in TV screens are simulated and intended to provide examples of a product’s functionality only.
- We have included additional details such as buying guides or video to assist you with your purchases. You may download content on our website for personal use only. Where applicable this content may be shared with social media as long as NPR is cited as the source and owner of the material.
- Product availability
- Not all products are available at all retailers’ stores and you should make your own enquiries with retailers.
- All bonuses and rebate offers unless otherwise stated on the product page are by redemption only and further terms and conditions may apply.
- In all individual supplier or retailer promotion offers, users should refer to their website or in-store for full terms and conditions.
- Time limits may apply to cashbacks and bonus offer redemptions. Bonus offers are governed by their own promotional terms and conditions, details of which are available on the relevant retailer, distributor or manufacturer websites.
- Currency of information
- Whilst we endeavour to keep product information up to date, we do not guarantee its correctness and we reserve the right to correct any errors that may occur in descriptions or specifications.
- The website may contain links to other websites, content or resources, which are owned or operated by third parties. NPR is not responsible for the operation, availability or contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website.
If NPR publishes references to any advertising, promotions or product related claims on behalf of a retailer or supplier whose products appear on the site, to the fullest extent by law such reference or advertising is not to be construed as:
- An endorsement of the advertising or promotion by Narta or NPR;
- An acknowledgement or representation by Narta or NPR as to fitness for purpose of the product; or
- A recommendation or warranty by Narta or NPR for or in relation to the product.
Visitors to the site and reviewers should rely on their own inquiries and seek any assurances or warranties directly from the provider of the product particularly in relation to advertising claims.
All content displayed on the website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, names and trademarks is the property of NPR, or the property of the relevant product manufacturers and retailers, and is protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws. No part of the website may be reproduced without NPR’s express prior written permission.
Subject to these Terms, NPR grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to do the following:
- View and download information directly accessible through the NPR website;
- Use information directly accessible through the NPR website; and
- Print pages from the website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
NPR does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the NPR website or content. All other rights are expressly reserved by NPR.
You may not, without the prior written permission of NPR and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, upload to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content or third party content for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the website which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
Links and Cookies
This Site is created, operated and controlled by Narta International Pty Ltd T/AS NPR in the State of New South Wales.
The laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia govern these terms.
- User Generated Content
To post a review on the NPR website, you must own the product you are reviewing and have used it for a reasonable period of time. Your review can be positive or negative, reflecting your experiences and has to comply with the NPR Posting Guidelines.
Any and all information supplied to us via the NPR website or other channels owned or moderated by NPR as feedback, social media or product review will be monitored and may be mediated in accordance with the NPR Posting Guidelines.
When you upload or otherwise provide any product review, information or content (‘Content’) in the course of accessing or using the NPR website, you agree that such Content will be available to NPR to use in any manner it thinks fit, subject to applicable provisions of any legislation including (without limitation) privacy legislation. You agree that you will not upload or otherwise provide any content which:
- is for a commercial purpose;
- is or may be seen to be false or misleading;
- is irrelevant or does not declare an association with any brand, product or company;
- is defamatory, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, intimidating, harassing, harmful, hateful, abusive, tortious, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, sexist, racist, homophobic, violent, degrading;
- infringes the intellectual or other proprietary interests of third parties;
- impersonates another person or entity, attempts to solicit personal information from another user, contains sexually explicit language or images, advertises or promotes the sale of products or services such as firearms, tobacco or alcohol, adult products and services and any other products or services NPR considers to be inappropriate;
- violates any law, statute or regulation;
- forges information to disguise the origin of any Content; and/or
- encourages or incites any other reviewer or user to engage in any of the above behaviour.
You agree to grant NPR a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright you have in any Content, in all media now known or not currently known. You also agree to waive any moral rights or similar rights you may have or may acquire in the future in that content in our favour.
You are solely responsible for any information and/or Content you publish by sending it to NPR. All information and reviews are publicly available.
Our Posting Guidelines may be subject to change without notice. Please read them carefully as NPR may need to take action from time to time to remove reviews that do not comply with the Posting Guidelines or are in breach of any applicable laws.
You agree that:
- Use of the NPR website and its content is at your own risk. Except as provided by law, the NPR website is provided “as is” and without any warranty or condition, express or implied.
- NPR does not warrant that the information contained in or accessible through the NPR website is accurate, suitable for your purposes or without errors, omissions or viruses nor does NPR guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the NPR website.
- The reviews posted by consumers on the NPR website are provided by independent third parties and do not reflect the views of Narta/NPR.
- NPR may remove or edit reviews that are not in accordance with the Posting Guidelines or which are otherwise in breach of any laws.
- NPR is not under any obligation to publish any information or content you provide to us.
- Nothing in the terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded. Subject to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, NPR makes no representations or warranties in respect of the information and materials available on the NPR website or the means of accessing that information and material (including the software operating in connection with the NPR website).
- NPR makes no warranty or representation and accepts no responsibility for any websites operated or controlled by entities other than NPR/Narta which are or may become linked or framed to or from the NPR website.
- You agree that NPR is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage (including direct, indirect, special or consequential loss) arising out of or in connection with the use of the NPR website, the use by NPR of information provided by you to NPR through the NPR website or any such loss or damage which may arise should you be unable to access the Website, for whatever reason and however arising, including negligence.
- You indemnify NPR against any action, liability, claim, loss, damage, proceeding, expense (including legal costs) suffered or incurred by us, arising from, or which is directly or indirectly, related to:
- your breach or non-observance of any of these Terms; or
- any breach or inaccuracy in any of your representations or warranties.
- NPR is not liable for content or functions on the NPR website provided by third parties.
Complaints and inappropriate comments
NPR takes complaints seriously and will try to deal with any complaints within a reasonable time. If you think another user’s comment is inappropriate or may breach any of these Terms, please report it to us via: email@example.com
Breach and termination
If you breach any provision of these Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts NPR’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party, including another user, NPR may in its sole discretion immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend or permanently prevent your access to all or certain parts of the NPR website. In any event, NPR may terminate these Terms (and your right to use the NPR website) at any time without prior notice to you if:
- You have reached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- NPR is required to do so by law;
- NPR is transitioning to no longer providing the services to members in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
- The provision of the services to you by NPR, is in the opinion of NPR, no longer viable.
When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and NPR have benefitted from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.