Keep The Family Entertained This Easter
2022 is surely flying fast and the Easter break is soon upon us. This year, Easter is at the end of the school holidays, so we’ve rounded up all the things you and the kids can do to tackle the boredom. From baking with the kids to arts and craft, we’ve got all your kid-friendly Easter activities to help make the holidays interesting and fun.
Easter Fun Activities
- Easter Baking: let the kids help as you all make some home-made Hot Cross Buns and other baked goods, check out suggested kid-friendly recipes here.
- DIY Chocolate Easter Eggs: make your own chocolate Easter Eggs at home and decorate them how you want, view the recipe here.
- Easter Egg Hunt: bring this indoors if it’s raining outside
- Movie Marathon: watch Easter or bunny inspired movies; our top picks are:
- Peter Rabbit
- The Secret Life of Pets
- Alice in Wonderland
- Looney Tunes
- Winnie The Pooh
- and Space Jam to name a few
- Creative Easter Hats: let the kids embrace their artistic side by making Easter hats from items found around the home, once done, they can parade them at home
- Decorate Easter Eggs: decorate hard-boiled eggs that can be adored now and eaten later. There are many ways to decorate an egg, with the most popular being colour dye.
- Colour Dye Eggs: To dye your eggs, put a tablespoon of food colouring and 2 teaspoons of vinegar in cup that is just deep enough for the egg. Add water to about halfway of the cup, then place the egg in. The longer you leave the egg in the dye, the darker the colour will become.
- Paint Eggs: Another way to decorate eggs is by painting. Use watercolour or acrylic paint, with thick brushes best for overall decoration while thin brushes are ideal for painting patterns. Stencils can also be used for precise patterns. The most effective way to paint eggs is by placing it in a cup, decorate one half, leave it to dry and then paint the other side later. Dress up eggs by gluing on craft items such as buttons, glitter, ribbons, and sequins.
- Storytelling Workshop: create a fictional character or use one of the kids’ favourite toy as the basis for a story that the kids have to write
- Play Photographer: whether you’re documenting time at home, away on holidays or keen on making a home movie, there’s a camera or video camera that can make that happen. Why not capture great images and record videos in 4K Ultra HD with Nikon’s Z 50 Mirrorless Camera and Lens Kit